Playing AC3 and DTS Audio Files impossible on new WDTV Live

I have been using the previous WD TV Live for many years for watching videos, pictures

and mainly for listening to my AC3 Audio Files (Dolby 5.1) and DTS Audio Files (also 5.1).

located on my NAS in a special folder under /Music, next to my MP3 music.

Output is set to the SPDIF interface.

All worked perfectly well for years.

Now, I upgraded to the WDTV Live new generation, and I cannot listen to my AC3s and DTSs anymore.

I see the tracks nicely listed in the Folder, but playing of these files does not work !!!

No problem for MP3 and AAC.

Audio Output is set to “SPDIF only” with support for both Dolby Digital and DTS being set in the checkbox.

Can you fix this in the Firmware please !      Otherwise the WDTV Live becomes useless for me.

Many tks

bernaci06 wrote:

I have been using the previous WD TV Live for many years for watching videos, pictures

and mainly for listening to my AC3 Audio Files (Dolby 5.1) and DTS Audio Files (also 5.1).

located on my NAS in a special folder under /Music, next to my MP3 music.

Output is set to the SPDIF interface.

All worked perfectly well for years.

Now, I upgraded to the WDTV Live new generation, and I cannot listen to my AC3s and DTSs anymore.

I see the tracks nicely listed in the Folder, but playing of these files does not work !!!

No problem for MP3 and AAC.

Audio Output is set to “SPDIF only” with support for both Dolby Digital and DTS being set in the checkbox.

Can you fix this in the Firmware please !      Otherwise the WDTV Live becomes useless for me.

Many tks

Are you sure you’re talking about the WDTV Live SMP and not the WDTV _ Play _? Because even on WD’s site it makes it clear the ***new*** WDTV PLay does NOT play DTS.

Now, if you’re really talking about Live Streaming then post the media info so we can find out if there’s something wrong on the files.

Maybe he means standalone AC3 and DTS files. But the SMP doesn’t list standalone DTS files.

@ bernaci06

Can you listen to the files when output is set to stereo?

1 Like