Playback screen too small

I’m using the WD Discovery.  After copying my DVD’s for playback, unfortunately I do not get a full TV screen when playing the movie.  Is this a WD Discovery hardware adjustment? Or, is it a problem in relation to copying from DVD to my computer.  Such as resolution size, etc.

If so, should anyone know, could you please help?

WD discovery has nothing to do with playing flles, the only adjustments, if any, are within the WDTV unit. What exactly do you mean when you say you do not get a full screen. Have you got black at sides with a ‘square’ picture or is it letterboxed with black bars at the top and bottom?

Yes, I have black at sides with a ‘square’ picture.  All other media not converted by me (Such as copied DVD’s), plays back fine. 

Numberonekraut wrote:

All other media not converted by me (Such as copied DVD’s), plays back fine. 

I would not broadcast the fact that you are using pirated media.

I presume this unit is the same as a iPod.  You copy the media you purchased on to the Ipod for playback.  What’s the point of purchasing these type of media playback gadgets if you not allowed to copy your purchased media.  I do not appreciate your presumption that I’m pirating media!!!

Well, you expressly wrote “not converted by me”, so it was a natural presumption …

Cocovanna