Playback issues

Is it not possible to open and video file and play it right from the mycloud hard drive? Whenever I click on a file it simply starts downloading the file which is going relatively slow.

How are you connected to the My Cloud, locally or remotely, when you attempt to play the media file? If remotely what program/app are you using on what device (computer or mobile device)?

Sorry this was kind of a dumb question…rather than going to finder and accessing my mycloud through there, I’ve been using the mycloud.com website/interface, which I’m not assuming you can not use for playback.

Use the Mac Finder if on the local network to access the My Cloud. It is recommended one map the My Cloud to their local computer to make accessing it easier.

If you haven’t read the WD My Cloud User Manual, you may want to do so. It explains how to access and use the My Cloud. Chapter 3, Using Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion on page 20 gives the general steps for mapping a drive on the Mac.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=2686

I’m bumping this topic as I’m still having issues connecting properly to mycloud when not on my local network. I tried following the instructions which were posted above to try and map my drive to my computer but had no luck. I’m using a macbook pro running 10.11.3. Basically all I want to do is be able to access mycloud through finder much like I can when on my local drive (if this is even possible?) so that I can access my files and open them then rather than have to download them first from mycloud to my computer.

[quote=“cirezD, post:5, topic:149735, full:true”]
I’m bumping this topic as I’m still having issues connecting properly to mycloud when not on my local network. I tried following the instructions which were posted above to try and map my drive to my computer but had no luck.[/quote]
If your not on your local network then you cannot (officially) map the My Cloud to your computer (be it Mac or Windows). WD removed the capability of remote mapping the My Cloud when they released the OS 3 firmware and revamped the WD2Go.com (now MyCloud.com) web portal. Feel free to voice your opinions like others have in the following Cloud Ideas thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/re-enable-remote-drive-mapping-through-mycloud-com/134944

For remote access one is generally limited to using the WD My Cloud Desktop software (for Mac/Windows), the My Cloud mobile apps (for iOS/Android), the MyCloud.com web portal, or using FTP. There are other non official methods of remote access but they generally may involve modifying the firmware files via SSH or setting up a VPN tunnel to your local network.

Awesome! The desktop app does exactly what I want…thank you very much!