Picture in a cinema scope

Hi,

All my movie that I run **bleep** full picture using WD media hub player.

Thanks,
Kenny

I think something important got *bleeped* out.   I think Lithium’s censoring algorithm has gone nuts…

All movie that I run using WD media player, shows black bar on bottom and at the top. Picture size is a cinema-scope. I don’t get the full picture.

Cinema scope aspect ratios can be 2.35:1 or 2.40:1, so in that case, even with a widescreen display, it would be normal for black bars to appear at the top and bottom of the picture.

What is the aspect ratio of your TV? (4:3 or 16:9)? Do you have it set correctly in the WDs setup?

Unless you’re playing 4:3 media on a 4:3 screen, or playing 16:9 media on a 16:9 screen, you will _ always _ have letterboxing and/or pillarboxing (“letterboxing” = black top and bottom, “pillarboxing” = black on the sides).

Any device (not just the WDTVs) _ shouldn’t _ be stretching/squashing the image to fit the screen… it should be displaying it at the aspect ratio specified within the file – that’s why the file has the aspect ratio information in it.

If you want the image distorted, you could just manipulate the aspect ratio when you make your rip… instead of 2.35:1 (or whatever), just make the file say it is 4:3 or 16:9, whichever is correct for your display.

And if the letterboxing/pillarboxing were hard-coded into the media file itself, there’d be no way for the WDTV to remove it.