PI Drive enclosure incompatibility

The enclosure is definitely is not right for the original PI model B ( version 1 ); The micro USB connector comes out the end, not the HDMI side. There is no notch in the bracket for the connector. Also, the support just behind the network jack is too wide to fit.

I will modify the plastic to fit but the advertising should be changed to exclude this earlier model of the PI.
Lea

I agree … nowhere in all the online documents / advertisments / FAQs etc

Does WD state it’s for the Raspberry Pi B+ and above …

But, a quick look at the Quick Setup PDF would have shown you that.
(Advice: always do your homework before purchasing … anything)

Yep.
I looked at it but failed to recognize the placement and orientation difference of the micro-usb connector.
Lea

Hey Lealon :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for the situation with the enclosure and the original Pi model B. I will forward this to the guys so we can do something about it. I hope you manage to modify the enclosure so it works for you. Feel free to post it here if you manage to do it, it would be interesting to see it. :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for pointing this out!

Captain_WD.

A small update :slight_smile: these specs were listed before on the website but didn’t get transferred to the new one. We will have them up there as soon as possible! Thanks again for the feedback!

Captain_WD.

Here are the two modifications I made to make the enclosure work for my
original Pi model B .
​Cut away part of support to clear USB connector and the edge of the SD
card holder.

​​​​​
​Trim the left side of the mid-board support to fit.

Now it all fits OK.
Lealon

Hey, thanks for sharing!

The photos look interesting and you’ve managed to make it to work.

Post back if you need other info or if you have other suggestions :slight_smile:

Captain_WD.