Photos not uploading from iPhone 7+ to MCH

I was able to transfer photos from my google photos account easily as well as the photos that were already on my iPhone. Now, when I take a picture, it never appears in the app’s gallery. My phone and the MCH are on the same WiFi network (5ghz if that makes a difference), auto backup is toggled on as well as background uploading. My wife’s iPhone is also associated with the MCH via the app. She snapped a photo earlier and it DID show up. Tried my phone using cellular as well as rebooting the MCH with the same results. Any ideas on how I can get this to work properly? Thanks.

Update: I wonder if it’s a compatibility issue with iOS 11. My wife’s iPhone is on 10.3.3 and is working properly.

Update: It was definitely an incompatibility with iOS 11. I downgraded to 10.3.3 and it’s now working as advertised.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19862

I received a reply from support explaining the resolution to this issue, link here: My Cloud Home: iOS 11 Camera Support for HEIC and HEIF Format

So I reinstalled iOS 11 and followed the instructions. Still not working properly. Not happy. Instead of downgrading back to 10.3.3, I’ll just use the “add” function within the MCH app.

@gokada Please send us your My Cloud and iOS Mobile App logs

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18912

Thanks very much for the quick replies. It’s working now. Chalk it up to user error, as usual. Cheers!

@gokada happy that it’s working now.
Care to shed some light on the :user error" ?
It would be helpful for the thread

Certainly. I was actually just being impatient. I expected the photo to be uploaded to my MHC almost at an instant. There was a big lag perhaps due to my home network speed. I rebooted my router and modem and made sure the camera setting was set to “most compatible” in iOS 11. It started working as advertised. Thanks again for the help.

Do you have an area where users can make suggestions for future updates?

Hi @gokada,

You can post ideas and feature suggestions in the My Cloud Home Ideas board.