Photo sequencing

How do I create the sequence of photos to display by wdtv live within a folder?

Example1: after I use “sort by date” in windows explorer, the photos displayed by wdtv live do not follow that order.

Example2: I would like to do a before vs after photos of my apartment.  I used Picasa to arrange it but when played on wdtv live, it did not follow that arrangement.

I don’t display photos but I know that videos are stored in alphabetical order and I’d suspect the same is true of photos.  If so, then you would need to edit the file names (using numbers would be easiest – your first photo could be 0000name.jpeg, then 0001name.jpeg, etc.)

Indeed the photos are in alphabeticalorder. I have some 30 000 photos arranged in folders and sorted by the date taken. It is not possible anymore manually rename them but does anybody know if theres is SW which can rename photo files so that the alphabetical order equals with chronological?

• Heikki -

Heikki wrote:

Indeed the photos are in alphabeticalorder. I have some 30 000 photos arranged in folders and sorted by the date taken. It is not possible anymore manually rename them but does anybody know if theres is SW which can rename photo files so that the alphabetical order equals with chronological?

• Heikki -

You could try out this:

PPR - Pennock’s Photo Renamer (freeware)

http://www.pennock.nl/products.html

Thanks!