Petition to change the firmware to the classic WD My Cloud

Cambie el firmware por favor, usar plex para dlna es horrible.!

1 Like

Yes, please! change the firmware to WD Mycloud, and make your customers happy with your product.

1 Like

YES change the firmware to WD Mycloud .

1 Like

Folks, speak loudly with your wallet. I am retiring the My Cloud I have used for 4 years and going with QNAP or Synology. Its clear WD does not want to be in the NAS (real NAS) business at this point. OS3 has not be updated for new features in quite a while. So unless you want to left behind its time to move on.

1 Like

I’m sure WD Staff are laughing at us! they read our appeals one by one and laugh and don’t give any feedback to their bosses. we are being humiliated by them :rage:
we have to revenge :rage:

1 Like

Well, apparently we’re going to have news :slight_smile:

1 Like

YES change the firmware to WD Mycloud

Or make it usable with more manual settings like full local mode, smb, ftp, ssh, cloud disable etc.

At the moment is is completely untrustworthy as a backup from even the simplest home user.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I fully agree. WD should provide the more usable WD MyCloud User Experience for My Cloud Home with SMB. The My Cloud Home platform does not work when the Internet link is slow or is down. The software appears to be sending a stream of data to some servers in AWS EC2.
WDSync folders frequently breaks and have to be re-synchronized. Imaging having to synchronize thousands of files whenever the synchronization association breaks and it does occur every time the WD Discovery client is updated.
All I need is a network storage. My Cloud Home is not it.

1 Like

The box isnt anything like what it seemed to be when looking at it on Amazon
It was not obvious at all this was a massive change of functionality and usability ( downward)

You shouldnt have called it anything like you other products- passing it off as if it is similar.

It should be called WD MyBlackBox Home.( It nothing like our other products you’ve bought before!)

Its not good for your reputation: I am now going to be very skeptical from now- where as before I trusted WD… from your drives, your small streaming devices which are great; your NAS… but THIS ? … THIS is not good and is a “stop the press” moment…

2 Likes

Y’all come all here: https://community.wd.com/t/new-update-to-my-cloud-home-is-coming-inviting-beta-testers/237715

From for sights, I guess we gonna need all your help for getting this done like this. Change is coming but at first glance does not seem to be of the magnitude we are all waiting for.

The box isnt anything like what it seemed to be when looking at it on the supermarket (Fnac in France)
It was not obvious at all this was a massive change of functionality and usability ( downward) and obliged to be used with internet connection !

You shouldnt have called it anything like you other products- passing it off as if it is similar.
=> where is the home cloud, if we need internet to use it?
=> where is the home, if our data is stored in on the other side of USA ?
=> Is it even legal to constraint us to store them without any possibility to change that or to accept that when we buy a “Home cloud” ?

It should not be called “Home” if the data cannot be accessed except if we are connect to the internet.

It should not be called “cloud” if this cloud ca not be accessed offline, as all the others products you and your compétitors sell

Its not good for your reputation: I am now be very sceptical from now- where as before I trusted devices which were correct; your NAS… but THIS ? … THIS is not good and is a “stop the press” moment…
I begin to spread my collegues, friends and family on how I was abused with your campany and this product.

2 Likes

This topic is meant to stay alive with the upcoming firmware, sadly.

New firmware (5.9.0-103) has not changed a thing as far as this topic is concerned. Sad.

WD claimed that they “heard” us. Far from convinced from my point of view.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Isn’t compatible with Mac. Can’t copy a single file. “error 36” What a f*ing joke. This thing is a brick. I’m donating it to Goodwill

2 Likes

YES change the firmware to WD Mycloud.

3 Likes

Hard to hear with two fingers in their ears. This also limits their ability to fix anything.

2 Likes

If it makes it any better than the pile of trash I have now then yes!!!

2 Likes

AHHHHHHH just got it today to replace my ageing ReadyNAS Duo and find it doesn’t have half the features or functionality of that 10 year old NAS box. It seems that it needs an app that just makes it perform like a normal basic NAS. Thoroughly disappointing and I feel that WD have tricked me into purchasing this weird product. … I cant see any value or use for it currently, so back to Netgear to get one of their updated NAS units and the WD MCH will sit around in my cupboard for a couple of years waiting for a clear out or perhaps stripped down to reuse the disk at least.

1 Like