Petition for WDTV Live just media player and plug-in manager

This thread is for those who would like good i mean good and reliable media player. You know when my friend comes to me or my girlfriend or family i start my WDTV Live, everyone look at it and I have to do that 4:3 stertch before movie i don’t have info my subtitle more than one i can’t select something, I need to restart my device. SOORY family wait don’t go i have best media player waiiiiiitttttt. :slight_smile:

Like a nightmare, don’t you agree.

This should be media player not facebook, flickr or something else. But for those who likes those additional things, why can’t you make like optional through plugins what someone wants, he downloads that. Like for example more usefull of all plugins in my opinion subtitle downloader.

Ok this is petition for wdtv Media player, just media player and optional download plugins.

If you are for that just write your opinion in this thread or just write ‘+’

WDTV team, don’t take this as a critic just a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t agree at all…

1. I don’t have the issues you are describing.  (You should start a thread here asking for help to resolve your problem.)

2. Requiring folks to add ‘plug in’s’ would be a support nightmare.  The mom & pops and average Joe’s (the vast majority of users) just want to plug it in and use it.  Asking them to do a new configuration for each thing they want to do would be seen as a pain in the a** for most.

Sorry my friend, very bad idea.

Ok I partially agree with you. But wouldn’t you agree that it is better for example add feature like to automatically download subtitle from Internet for movie that you don’t have subtitle in the folder?

tomislav177 wrote:

But wouldn’t you agree that it is better for example add feature like to automatically download subtitle from Internet for movie that you don’t have subtitle in the folder?

No, I wouldn’t agree at all.  That’s infringing.  WD can’t legally do it.

It would be much easier to just include the subtitles off your original media when you’re making your rips.

Just a media player. A GOOD media palyer and nothing else. Ya, it souns a good idea!

The problem is that won’t resolve the issues, for sure. WD will continue releasing FW with some fixes and several new bugs. It will be always the same. Believe me.

The only difference is that you won’t have those internet functions like youtube, facebook, etc.

So, if I must live with the audio and video bugs anyway, I prefer to have those internet features. :wink:

Believe me. Only media playyer functions won’t end the constant bugs…

valente274 wrote:

Just a media player. A GOOD media palyer and nothing else. Ya, it souns a good idea!

The problem is that won’t resolve the issues, for sure. WD will continue releasing FW with some fixes and several new bugs. It will be always the same. Believe me.

The only difference is that you won’t have those internet functions like youtube, facebook, etc.

So, if I must live with the audio and video bugs anyway, I prefer to have those internet features. :wink:

Believe me. Only media playyer functions won’t end the constant bugs…

Just imagine the difficult it is for WD to test their product. The number of different tv’s on the market X recievers/speaker systes X internet setups=1000’s of combination. I think it’s hard for WD to have every bug ironned out for ever possible combination of devices that WD live device is supposed to interface well with, while trying to grow the feature list. Just because WD may be in compliance, doesn’t mean your specific item is.

I’d say, yes the device isn’t perfect… But it does a very good job for 95% of the population out there. This forum, there’s really only a few hundred users that come here to complain, imagine the number of users that WD sold to and don’t have any complaints whatsoever… I think we should just give WD credit for doing the job they have done so far.

I think the internet features actually add value to your media player. If you want to make a media only, then there are alternative options out there (xmbc, myth tv, etc). Also those internet feature actually sell the device to mom and dad a lot easier, than just a pure media streamer. WD has a tough road ahead of them to stay competetive against the likes of roku, apple, boxee, ac ryan, etc. So without those internet features, WD would be effectively dead in the water, and your issue may never be fixed in firmware, as WD doesn’t need to fix a dead product that isn’t sell well.