Permission denied using non-priveleged linux user

I was having a nightmare trying to get a device ordered from WD Store so went to amazon. I picked up a My Cloud Home Duo rather than the EX2 that I had planned, and finding it impossible to user.
Using Opensuse Tumbleweed, I can map the SMB share Public from linux, but whether I use root or guest as the user, only the linux root user can copy files over to the share.
my non privileged user, which runs most of the software on the machine, gets a permission denied.
I would appreciate any help or guidance on how to configure to allow this. Running all software as root is a non-starter and I will have to return the device if I don’t find a solution.

Thank you.

So, that’s how my Plublic share permissions are by default.

drwxrwxrwx 10 root root 4096 Mar 28 01:19 Public

If yours is like that, good. Just go to the dashboard → Shares → Public and enable the the Public access:

What software are you talking about?

I’m testing using noperm on the mount options in fstab but suggestions are welcome.

Did you do what I said?

To mount using fstab, first enable NFS on the share and there adapt the command below:

192.168.1.10:/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public /mnt/public nfs defaults 0 0

I don’t have any options to enable NFS on the My Cloud Home Duo, its all cloudy and there’s no direct control panel apparently. I can’t connect to any of the ports with a browser locally.

Sorry, I misread it. My instructions were for EX2.
Open your file manager, add a remote location and put the address smb://NAS-IP/Share-Name

Yea, that was easy. I twas the permission stuff from the linux side.
adding noperm option in the fstab seems to have given me what I need.