Performance on a WD My Cloud or WD My Cloud EX4 degrades and becomes inaccessible after storing video files on the drive

Same problem for me !

The purchase of this unit get in alternative to a concurrent similar product was based on the good impression that I’gave from the WD products.

Unfortunately it is quite impossible to use it like a Media server.

On my smart TV (Sony) only music and picture can been seen, no videos ( no one of the format that i’ve stored ( .mov.MP4.avi).

On the smartphone (9250) trough the twonky beam the video (.avi), will be continuosly intermiitent, so it is impossible to see.

Please provide some ideas how to solve the problem. Anyway I will change my opinion on Amazon, at the moment I’m totally dissatisfied on the MyCloud product.

WD-Fan wrote:

If you continue to threaten with sentences like “_ Anyway I will change my opinion on Amazon, at the moment I’m totally dissatisfied on the MyCloud product. _” you will soon be banned from this community!!!

Why do say that?   Have you been banned on a previous account for saying such things?

I wonder if this bug exists in the Windows 7.2 version of Twonky? If it does, would the same thing happen or is it just involving the CPU in the MyCloud? Thinking those affected could run Twonky from a PC for the time being if they really want it.

I don’t like Twonky and I hope WD decides to dump PacketVideo and get maybe some flavor of XBMC or Plex.

Everyone, we are coming out with a firmware update for the WD My Cloud within the next two weeks to fix many of these issues.  However, you may not have had the same root cause that created the issue in your circumstance.  If that turns out to be the case, please make sure that you have correctly set up your WD My Cloud on your network.  If you need help with this, there is a link below to a knowledgebase article for setting up the WD My Cloud. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10439

1 Like

@Bill_S,

Thank you for this info. Sounds good :smiley:

A new firmware update has been released.  Below are the fixes.  We will continue to work on other fixes and push them out as soon as we can.  Note: If you are still experiencing problems, please post them in the new firmware board. 

Issues Resolved:

• Resolved issue of dropped mobile cloud access connections after updating to firmware 03.03.01-156.
  • Resolved issue of a scheduled safepoint update that does not run automatically.
  • Resolved issue of device performance degradation caused by certain MPEG-4 (MOV/MP4) video formats used to record slow motion videos.
1 Like

Great news!!! Thank you. I am going to make update immediately!