Password unlock window doesn't popup

I have a locked wd my book essential , after using the hard drive when i safe remove usb drive (wd my book) , my system (windows xp) hang up Then i pulled out the wd usb cable and I saw a windows xp error . when i connect wd usb cable again , Password unlock window doesn’t popup. the locked WD drive is connected to the computer and Only a CD drive (l:) is added and with double click on it "please insert a disk into drive l: " Is seen While WD SmartWare is installed on my
computer and my computer’s AutoPlay is enable . i uninstall WD SES Driver and WD SmartWare and reinstall and update them . running WD Quick Formatter  Display “the application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting” and WDFirmwareUpdater Display “firmware update failed on specific drive” and in WD SmartWare “no writable wd smartware partition found” , but in  device manager model and version of wd drive and WD Virtual CD 1130 USB Device are shown . i try it by another pc , it was the same problem . please help me .

Not much hope here, since you already tried on a second PC with the same results.  I recommend you to contact WD to have your drive replaced.

1 Like

Here are an article How to Unlock Windows Password When Computer Is Locked, three methods to reset windows password, it must give you a favor.

1 Like

thank you for your answer .

:confounded: can i open the case and reset memory on my  wd hard drive ?