Password protection and hardware encryption

how to used Password protection and hardware encryption feature

on ntfs partision?

Hi,

What drive do you have?  are you refereing to using the password protection that is available on the WD SmartWare drives?

my drive is model  WDMES5000TA

This drive does not come with any type of hardware encryption.  The only option is to use the WDSync software.  WD stopped providing this software with its newer line of drives.  You can download this by registering the drive on our website at the link below and then you will have access to it.  During the first running of the program, you will be asked to upgrade once maybe twice.  But ultimately you will be upgraded to Dmailer 9.  Dmailer is the company that made the WD Sync for WD.  They also provide the support for this software. 

Just a note, because of the encryption, I would not use the software for backup purposes as if you loose the password or the data becomes corrupted there may be no way of retrievel

https://websupport.wdc.com/registration/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Thank you for answers.
However, I must say. Very disappointed.
Because if the encryption program. Would not differ from harddisk external no brand from chaina.
You can purchase and use encryption turecrypt.
I bought this brand because the friends **bleep** and encrypted using the hardware.
I think the wd would make products composed out different And explain clearly the difference of each model.

Thank you for answers.
However, I must say. Very disappointed.
Because if the encryption program. Would not differ from harddisk external no brand from chaina.
You can purchase and use encryption turecrypt.
I bought this brand because the friends **bleep** and encrypted using the hardware.
I think the wd would make products composed out different And explain clearly the difference of each version.

Your welcome, but just to clarify, the modle of drive you have WDME series was replaced with the  WDBAAA series almost a year ago.  The WDBAAA series comes with the hardware based encryption.

If this is what you are looking for, concerning encryption of your data you might want to consider returning the dirve you have for the newer model line

_ I am desperate to have a password encryption for my WD passport. I have WD3200ME-01 0610A _

_ I have sensitive material on my drive. _

_ How do I protect it? I am using Windows 7 _

_ Thank you very much _