Password Protect WD TV Livehub

Hi, I know that this question has been asked before but none in the exact context of my problem. I’m a college student, and have just received the WD TV LiveHub for my birthday. I have updated it to hold all of my movies and TV shows since I am still home on Christmas break (leaving later today).

I’m VERY nervous about connecting my drive to the college network without any kind of password required to mount it and read/write. When I try to view the permissions of my folders, it says “Permissions for “folder_name” cannot be determined”.

I need a way to password protect this drive so that only people with the password on my college network can read and write to it. If anyone knows any way to do this, please let me know. Can I create a password-protected share ON the network drive itself? Otherwise, I cant update it with new movies or TV shows until I come home.

If it makes a difference, I’m using Ubuntu 10.04 and have not yet updated the firmware (I will when I have the chance, but I dont think it will make a difference).

Yes, when you enable sharing in the UI, it will ask you if you want to configure a password.