Password got reset on its own

My password got reset on its own and now i cant get into the drive to do anything.  Is there a default password it goes to or do i have to reformat the drive.  If i have to reformat the drive how do i do it?  i am using windows XP and i have tried to look under my computer and disk management and it is not showing up.  But it is showing up under the WD smartware.  please help

Follow the link

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3741&p_created=1254176590&p_sid=BYAd6BPj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEsMTEmcF9wcm9kcz0yMjgsMjYwJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9Mi4yNjAmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXNtYXJ0d2FyZSArIHBhc3N3b3Jk&p_li=&p_topview=1

Same thing happened to me today, and I am also using windows XP.  it’s not simply a matter of forgetting my password, because even the password hint text has been deleted.  It ■■■■■ that I will probably have to reformat the drive and lose all of my data.  Now I will not be able to use the locking feature which was part of my decision for buying this external hard drive.

That screen doesn’t apply because we can’t get to it as the whole drive is password locked! Is there a default password installed that we don’t have access to?