Password change does not work

I cannot believe that I still need to be here. But I am getting rid of WD MyCloud Home after buying a real NAS, but I cannot update my PW to give it to somebody else.

In the administration I enter my current password and my new password but nothing happens.

Looking at the Network-Tab of the DEV-Tools in the browser I see that the request to https://prod.wdckeystone.com/authservice/v2/auth0/users returns a 429 with the error code “Too many requests for user update”.
Anybody had problems changing their Passwords as well?

PS. The call to the above service sends the passwords in PLAINTEXT … That’s what I consider highly secured.

Hi @vongpjes,

Please refer to the following article Password Reset, Forgot Password or Invitation Email Not Delivered or Received:

Ähm … I neither want to Reset my Password, nor did I forget my Password nor do I want to send an E-Mail invitiation.

If my problem description was read it would have been clear and also I showed the REST-service which was called.

But one day later the service changed my password (again randomly working, as usual) and I could finally get rid of this thing :slight_smile: