Passport using Mac 10.6.7

I have an old WD 120GB. I never had problem accessing my external drive until now.  And at first, I thought that there must be something wrong with the wire so I took it to my job and used another wire. to test it  The PC was able to read or recognize this external hard drive.  I brought the wire home and plug it in using that other wire.  My Macbook Pro still won’t see my Passport.  It has the blue light.  It felt like it was running but the icon does not appear on the desktop.  Then I realized it was working fine until now because I installed MAC OS X 10.6.7.  So I believe this Snow Leopard is the reason why I can’t access my Passport.  Please help or direct to me to where I can fix this. Thank you.

Hi there, the only thing I can suggest is to go to Disk Utility (Go> Utilities> Disk Utility) and see if the drive is there. If it is then try First Aid to repair the disk (If it shows on Windows then the drive is FAT32), if it fails then try to fully reformat the drive for Mac (HFS+) under the Partition tab, but it will no longer work on Windows from there.

If the drive is not on Disk Utility, then the drive could very well be incompatible with your OS due to its age…