Passport shouldn't require any software installation to work properly

I would like to be able to backup my other external hard drive (my book) without purchasing any additional software.

Hi Commuity

I have problem using my WD because I have typed incorrect password to many times. How to access this device? Any ideas. Please help

Best regards

Steinar

I spent almost 2 C notes for this 2 TB back up. Since I bought it online through Alienware, (Dell), w/ my M-17r it has not worked. It did not come with any software, or any instructions, & now it wants a pass word that I have no idea what that would be, fore I never entered one. Need help with this expensive paper wieght!?!

RoofingGuy:

“You’re not “forced” to use Smartware.  I’ve never installed it.  You can use any backup/sync program you want.”

I just bought a WD Elements and it has the trial version of Smartware Pro on it. I have an older Smartware program on my computer that I want to use, but the drive won’t let me. It shows the drive as locked. Is there anyway to unlock the drive so that I can use the software that I want? Otherwise, I have to manually back up all of my information each and every time.

Thanks.