Passport not recognised

Please help, this is driving me mad! My passport ultra was working fine until the other day. I plug it in, the computer beeps so is recognising it but it’s not showing up in My Computer. It shows in device manager with no errors. I have run the diagnostic test on here and it did not find any problems. I have gone into disk management but cannot see it in there. The drive flashes and appears to be working but just won’t show up. Any help would be appreicated.

Hello,

Try some basic troubleshooting:

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- If the computer is a desktop, connect it on the back USB port (directly to the PC, not through a hub). Make sure you are using the cable that came with your drive.

3- Make sure you hear the connection sound windows makes when recognizes a USB device. Also make sure the drive is not locked.

4- Go to "Disk Management” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in disk management but it is not seen on Computer, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.

is it locked? sometimes, you have to manually click on the WD unlocker and unlock it for it to appear in windows

:womanmad:Hi, thanks for your replies. How do I format the drive? Also, it does sound like it could be locked but I don’t know how to unlock it.

Sorry for being brainless

well open up the WD unlocker and follow the instructions