Passport not recognised, anywhere. (MAC)

My passport was working beautifully for about two weeks, then all of a sudden it is no longer recongised by any computer or media player or smart tv.

It doesn’t appear on my desktop, finder, disk utility.

Any help very appreciated, it’s been ejected properly everytime (not now seeing as it doesn’t turn up). But it’s full of important data.

The light still comes on, it’s still making sound like it’s working normally but no show anywhere.

Thanks

Hello,

You should try some basic troubleshooting.

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.  (If possible try another computer and another USB cable)

2- If the computer is a desktop, connect it on the back USB port (directly to the computer, not through a hub).

3- Go to "Disk Utility” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in disk utility but it is not seen on Computer, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.

If you need to recover the data on it then i recommend you contact a data recovery company.

I use a program called Tuxera NTFS it solves most of my problems with WD drives, but lately I have had Smart ware totally fail on my Mac pro solid state drive the software is useless and my security on all but the very latest drives fail totally with the latest b\security updates installed??