Passport essential SE had drive disconnects on its own after less than 5 minutes

I buy a passport essential SE WD 1T, but it automatically disconnects on mac lion (latest version). This condition happens in both format (NTFS and OS). Unfortunately, the firmwareupdate file does not load in lion appropriately. Similarly, the program closes itself before the window appears. I don’t know what is the problem. I surfed all the popular topics and followed the recommendations but the problem is still present .

Did you check the USB cable or connect the drive into a different computer? 

The firmware is updated in the windows version. There is no problem in windows before and after updating. The problem is still exists in lion.

in spite of using micro usb cable, the problem is stil exists. I don’t know what should I do to solve this complicated problem. I suggest that WD 1T is not compatible with Mac Book Pro on Lion.

i have the same problem in my Mac OS Lion. Always  disconnected. Anyone can help us???

Find your drive on the WD site and look in downloads I think there are Turbo Drivers for Mac. See if that does anything.

Joe