job - transfering files from toshiba mini winXP to HP dv7 notebook win7.
setup: files were transferred from toshiba to 1T passport. File structure shows, everything normal.
– passport plugged into HP. drive pnp seemed to work momentarily (light blinked a couple of times)
– HP dv7: passport does not show on HP explorer. and files cannot be accessed.
– device manager showed drivers installed and enabled.
– disk manager shows passport (as ‘drive 2’ primary) online and normal.
What I’ve tried:
updated drivers both from online downloads and from internal files – neither worked.
uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. didn’t work.
3. tried to change drive letter in disk manager. repeated messages that “disk manager needed to be refreshed”. did that, both by refresh/rescans; then by restart. then by hard reboot. nothing worked.
- changed drive letter using toshiba. then retried above steps on HP. didn’t work.