Passport doesn't show up on comp. anymore, but works on TV

Seriel # hard to make out, scratched up. But it’s WD…000AB… can’t see the rest. Anyway, it’s a few years old, 500 gb.

OK so my hard drive will not show up on the computer anymore. Not even under admin tools/disk management. It makes the “ding” sound like it’s hooked up, the light flashes and the drive turns. Just doesn’t show up. When I eject it from the computer, I get a prompt asking if I want to “Format the Disk”.  Of course I don’t.

BUT when I plug the hard drive into my TV, all of the folders and files are there. SO I know it’s there, so why can’t I access it anymore on the computer?  I have other WD Passports and they work, I tried swapping cables, same thing.

Totally lost here.

Hello,

It is possible the partition is corrupted and that’s why the computer is not able to read it. It may be possible to still extract the data utilizing data recovery software. There are several kinds of Data Recovery software available. If you do a web search for Data Recovery it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.