Passport Backup Issues

I’ve been having issues with the scheduled back up for this item about 3 months after I started using it.

It comes up with an error in regards to ownership and/or stays in the “Preparing Backup” stage for ages. (admittedly I have about 3.4GB to back up)

I have had some successes in the past (an issue now for a 16 months) where as I Open Time Machine Preferences>Remove the device as the Time Machine Option; and then Select it again as the Time Machine.

This falls after I’ve unplugged it from it’s power source and the computer itself.

I’m now wondering if the issue might be that I have an additional external HD that is locked. I’m wondering if the “ownership” issue comes from the My Passport trying to back up this other external HD as well?

Could it be matter of disconnecting the external HD prior to a back up to get the back up to work properly?

Could I get some thoughts on this please?

Hi @BjornstadFaegir4744 ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask