Partition is Visible but not accessable

Hi all,

a couple of days ago my hard drive was infected by a virus called CIEUHU.EXE. what it did was convert all my data to shortcuts i followed the steps to remove the virus but after that my hard disk is visible but free size bar is not visible under it furthermore when i try to access it, right click on it or try to access it via disk management my laptop hangs. i am using WD 500GB External. I need help please…

Hello,

When you access the drive via disk management, is the drive bar blue or black? If black you will need to allocated the drive, see below:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNTgwODY4Mi9zaWQvdnhFYmdsdWs%3D

this is the problem it doesn’t show me anything the system freezes until or unless i unplug the hard disk. 

Since you were infected with a virus I’d format the drive by writing zeroes to it.

Joe

i formatted it with NTFS and ExFAT solutions but after format if i plug it in to the laptop again it do the same again. can u advice me joe about formatting by writing zeros?