Partial Backup

Blank Post?
Please see here: IE9 and WDC Forum Compatibility

Was able to back up old computer completely (XP) and retrieve most files on the new computer (Windows 7)- but 600+ were not retrieved…how do I locate them so I can determine if I need to manually copy them from old PC?  The wstor folder shows both computers, but I can’t find the non-retrieved files.  Does anyone know what file/folder name they would be in, so I can search for it?  New to Windows 7, still trying to get the hang of navigating through it.  (WD software updated on both computers.)  Thanks! 

Got the compatibilty view message, thanks!  :neutral_face:

Worked great!

This is the one that worked for me.  Can’t figure out how to choose the “Accept as solution” option.

ricardodegracia

Trusted Contributor

Re: Partial Backup

Options

a month ago

Hi there. Try uninstalling WD Smartware, restart the computer, after that make sure you have Adobe Flash Player (latest version) and Microsoft .Net Framework (version 3.5 SP1), then reinstall WD Smartware again. That may work.-

AllenU wrote:
Can’t figure out how to choose the “Accept as solution” option.

Only the original author of a thread can mark a post as a solution.

Did not work for me, sorry, I can’t mark as  solution.  I’ve given up searching for the non-transferred files, and am just keeping my fingers crossed that there’s nothing critical there.  Just today, I went looking on new computer for some old files, and they weren’t there, guessing they are “among the missing”. Oh well…

AnneCira wrote:

Did not work for me, sorry, I can’t mark as  solution.  I’ve given up searching for the non-transferred files, and am just keeping my fingers crossed that there’s nothing critical there.  Just today, I went looking on new computer for some old files, and they weren’t there, guessing they are “among the missing”. Oh well…

Do you know which files are missing?  Are you sure that their extensions are included in SmartWare’s backup profile?

[edit]

Also, are you attempting to back up Outlook with it open?  Or with its PST file in a system folder that SmartWare won’t accept?

No, the whole point of my issue is that I don’t know which files did not transfer, if I did, I could decide whether to retrieve them manually from old computer or just ignore them…I’m sure I don’t need them all, from the quick glance at the list when the retrieve process was going on…Never occurred to me at the time that I wouldn’t be able to access/print that list of files. 

No problems with Outlook, at least that I know of! 

Appreciate your trying to help.  I have tried the suggestions in this thread, to no avail.  If you have another idea, I’d love to hear it!  Thanks, Anne