Panasonic Viera SmartTV can't see My Cloud EX2100 after 2.21.111 Update

I have never had any issues using the DLNA services on my Panasonic Viera until I upgraded to 2.21.111. Now, when I select DLNA on my TV, the My Cloud is either not listed or the name blinks for a fraction of a second and disappears. I have done a system only restore, but that didn’t solve the DLNA issue and don’t know what to try next.

Unplug the TV and after you plug it back in, see if things improve. if not, do same with router and see what happens.

Same issue. I even told the TV to forget the network settings and then reentered from scratch. No change. By the way, the TV can see the Internet just fine. I can use the browser and also run Amazon Prime streaming. It is only the DLNA that went south after the upgraded firmware.

After upgrading did you do a reindexing on the twonky server on the ex2100?

Добрый день! Подскажите пожалуйста как убрать ненужные папки которые создали WD. Загружаю одни а программа раскидывает куда ей вздумается. Неудобно работать и на SmartTV тоже неудобно смотреть, искать долго приходиться

Google translate:

Good afternoon! Please tell me how to remove unnecessary folders are created WD. Loading one and the program spreads where she pleases . Uncomfortable work on SmartTV too uncomfortable to watch , to look for a long time to have to

I rebuilt the database. That was one of the first things I did.

Still looking for a solution, but did find one anomaly. My Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 shows a single IP address for my TV; however, the EX2100 shows two separate IP addresses for the TV under the list of media players. So, just as an experiment, I turned off streaming to the IP address that was not listed on the router. Interesting that DLNA worked on the TV but only once and not all my videos were listed when it did work. When I tried to access the EX2100 from the TV a second time, it was back to not being listed.

I opened a case with tech support. They issued a case number and asked a set of initial questions. I answered those but now no one will respond to my inquiry. Its like they asked a few questions and then closed my case. I even got a survey request to rate their tech support. Normally you don’t do that until the case is done.

Sounds like the problem was too hard for them so they’re not going to help. Disappointing.
Are you using Twonky or Plex?
Do the NAS and TV have static ip addresses or are you using DHCP?

Should be Twonky as I haven’t added any apps. Technically, the IP addresses are dynamic, but the router only reassigns IP addresses if it is rebooted. Still having the same issue after the latest update to .119.

I did hear back from a different tech asking for the logs. I sent them twice, but they claim they never received them. So, I sent them another email with the logs as an attachment and with a Drop Box link. Never heard back so I sent another email asking why no reply…no reply to that email either.

I guess I am going to have to scream for level 2 support. I have an email address for someone higher up and will just have to use it and hope they respond.

I used an old connection to get a level 2 tech assigned to my case. Setup an appointment for a call yesterday…and they didn’t call. Sat at my desk all day waiting. Sent emails asking when they would call…no response…a completely unprofessional organization.

Well, I got a call today. Once again claiming they didn’t receive any of my emails. Anyway, the tech installed Plex and as soon as he did, the TV could see both the twonky and plex DLNA servers. VERY strange. He uninstalled Plex and I could still see twonky. Of course, the call ended before I could fully test. Turned off the TV and turned it back on and twonky was gone again…

The final “solution” was to install Plex. Both Plex and Twonky have to be running before the TV can see the 2100. Very strange.