[PACKAGE] Tautulli / PlexPy, adds monitoring, analytics and notifications for your Plex server

Thanks, I tried the steps you mentioned. It seems pip is missing. I also ran through the python-setuptools part

root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # /opt/bin/python --version
Python 2.7.15
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # which python
/opt/bin/python
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # echo $PATH
/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin/
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # which pip
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # pip --version
-sh: pip: not found
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master #

last error

root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master # /opt/bin/python ./PlexPy --port 8282
/opt/bin/python: can't open file './PlexPy': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
root@MyCloudPR4100 Tautulli-master #

I did get everything working from my Windows 10 PCā€¦ but will continue to test running off the WD which would be preferable

Thanks again!

If you donā€™t have pip, you didnā€™t install the Tautulli package after installing Entware.
Uninstall Tautulli, install Entware, install Tautulli.
Check if it works.

If not, open a new ssh session.
Install python-setuptools

opkg update
opkg install python-setuptools
opkg list_installed

If you donā€™t have opkg, you didnā€™t install Entware or didnā€™t open a new ssh session.
Try to run the PlexPy.py script directly. But use cd to change to the correct directory firstā€¦

cdnp          # alias to go to Nas_Prog
cd tautulli/Tautulli-master
/opt/bin/python PlexPy.py --port 8282

Thank you very much, I redownloaded everything and tried again and it is now working! Thank you again!

@Tfl I have followed all of the listed instructions, and I can not get it to work on any aspect. I keep getting the port is not available. I also know that I do not have the newest version of Python either. My Unix skills are not as good as they used to beā€¦

What do you mean with ā€˜the port is not availableā€™? I need the output from the SSH shell to know whatā€™s going wrong. If youā€™re talking about

/opt/bin/python PlexPy.py --port 8282

It means that Tautulli is already running on http://:8282.
You could kill it and restart it.

ps w | grep PlexPy

Look up the PID (first number) and kill it

Nevermind, I see thereā€™s again some changes on Entwareā€™s side that broke the package.
It seems like pip fails to install.
This fixed it for me

opkg install python-pip

New package incoming in a few minutes.

EDIT: new package available!

• Fixed installer again
  • Keep config and db on future upgrades
  • Installs git now to make it easier to switch to beta / apply hotfixes
  • Added entware init.d bootscript to ensure that entwareā€™s clean will stop tautulli

You are more than welcome to contact me directly if you wish? I have the ability to remote into my computer so that I may watch / learn . I also do not have the ability to do opkg. I am using a Mac and I have Cyberduck as my SSH

There was a bug on my website causing an older Entware version v1.03 to get selected instead of v1.04.
This version uses entware-ng, which is no longer maintained and points to outdated packages.

Anyway, the Tautulli package now works for both.

It seems to be working now. So hopefully all goes well. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

D. Matthew Friend

matt@emttech.net

570-240-6396

Hello,
I have some problems with Tautulli on my NAS PR4100.
network error http://192.168.1.13:8282 ???
I just saw that he had just updated Tautulli version 2.1.20.
Moreover with your version impossible to install the 2.1.18b corrupted package forced to installed an old version.

The version of the WD package is actually unrelated to the official release version.
The WD package just fetches the latest stable Tautulli version.

The Entware package is now mandatory.
So to wrap upā€¦ what version of Tautulli / Entware do you have now (according to the WD web UI)?

Ok I uninstall Tautulli
Then restart
Installed Entware then Tautulli
and it works properly

I always get the message that my connection was declined by my NAS IP once I try to open Tautulli through http://192.168.1.58/tautulli/index.html or 192.168.1.58:8282

What I tried:
Restart
Reinstall Entware-ng (1.04)
Install Tautulli (2.1.18b)

Maybe useful infos:
MyCloud PR2100
Python 2.7
OpenSSL 1.0.1m 19 Mar 2015

Edit: Tried to follow to above steps and getting this error while trying to run opkg update
opkg: /opt/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27ā€™ not found (required by opkg)

Thanks for the clear info.
I think the upgrade from the old entware-ng to the current entware (without ng) may fail sometimes.
The uninstall script doesnā€™t delete the entware directory (I thought it was a good idea at the time).

Please try this:

• uninstall Entware and any app that depends on it (e.g. Tautulli)
  • completely remove Entware with this command: rm -rf /shares/Volume_1/entware
  • install Entware and Tautulli

Note: you may want to backup your Tautulli settings and database, see the opening post.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the instructions! After removing and reinstalling entware (+ tautuilli) it finally worked.

1 Like

Hello there FayzB, you seemed to have managed to install Tautulli on a PR4100 without any problems, would you mind giving me a step by step process, I have read all the forums trying to get a clear picture of how to install it on my PR4100 and so far nothing, I will be forever in your debt, Thanks in advance!

Hello Tfl, Wanted to install Tautulli on my PR4100 and have tried doing this as per tutorial, but for the sake of me I canā€™t seem to find the Entware in any of the links posted here, on the first link I only find the Tautulli package and the Docker package, on the older link which redirects me to stacks where I can only see a tvmosaic package, a Ubuntu package and a mksapkg file, but no Entware anywhereā€¦ So, could anyone please post a more straight forward procedure for this? take into consideration that I am a total newbieā€¦!

Lien Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog

I had Tautulli installed on my PR 4100, when I got a new server and moved Plex over, successfully, I reinstalled the program along with Entware But now Iā€™m getting a connection refused error. I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled twice, rebooted the machine, verified my firewalls etc. and still no luck. Canā€™t find a standard fix for this that is recent. Is there a link to one?

Good afternoon, Tfl I know that it has been a while, but I am having issues doing the install on an WD DL4100, I followed the instructions, but it is saying webpage not found of the 192.168.1.17:8282 when I click the configure. I know that there was something that you did after you helped me install it on my WD PR4100 .