P/n number? gen 1 or 2?

hi friends.

i bought wdtv live.

It’s P/O number that i seen in setting\About is WDAAP0000NBK .   Is it gen1 or Gen2 or…

thanks.

Welcome to the forums.

The WD Live doesn’t come in Gen 1 or Gen 2 versions like the WD TV does.  There IS a slight difference between the newer models in that the power up sequence takes longer and it will not hold bookmarks if you power it completely down (so if yours behaves that way you have the very latest version versus the older one). 

Other than that there is absolutely no functional difference between Live models, so I’m not sure why you would care.

I have decided to purchased WD TV Live but I am not yet sure which model to choose. I am struggling between  WDBAAP0000NBK-EESN and WDBAAN0000NBK-EESN. Can someone explain the difference between these two models (if any) and if possible which one would be a smater purchase? By the way, both have the same price. Thanks in advance.

I’m surprised you have a choice.   The BAAN’s are no longer being made and haven’t been since around June or so.   

The ONLY difference is that the AAP’s have an additional microcontroller that causes the device to COMPLETELY shut down to save additional power.   Apparently, this was required by some European Standards body for “Green” compliance.

If you have a choice, I’d definately go with the BAAN.    They boot faster from standby and don’t lose RESUME data when you put them in standby.   The BAAP’s take almost twice as long to start up, and lose the Resume data when you power them off.

Thanks for your ultra-fast response. I was surprised to and it seems they only have one BAAN left on stock. I will get BAAN than because of reasons you mentioned. Thanks again.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I’m surprised you have a choice.   The BAAN’s are no longer being made and haven’t been since around June or so.   

The ONLY difference is that the AAP’s have an additional microcontroller that causes the device to COMPLETELY shut down to save additional power.   Apparently, this was required by some European Standards body for “Green” compliance.

If you have a choice, I’d definately go with the BAAN.    They boot faster from standby and don’t lose RESUME data when you put them in standby.   The BAAP’s take almost twice as long to start up, and lose the Resume data when you power them off.

Are you sure? I thought it was all to do with the different markets (NTSC v PAL)

• Order/Model Number PAN AMERICA (NTSC): WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN
  • Order/Model Number JAPAN (NTSC): WDBAAN0000NBK-JESN
  • Order/Model Number APAC (NTSC): WDBAAN0000NBK-PESN
  • Order/Model Number APAC (PAL): WDBAAP0000NBK-PESN
  • Order/Model Number EMEA (PAL): WDBAAP0000NBK-EESN

Thanks Mr:

Mike “ex-genius” Kelley

and the other friends.

one another related question:  in the lable on my device the p/o number that has been written is: WD B AAP0000NBK but in the device ( settings\ About  ) it was : WDAAP0000NBK .  why does it differ? Is it common?

Apparently it’s a bug in the code.