Output video resolution

Changed output video resolution, chose the wrong resolution of display device.  Display device now says “not available” and did not revert to an available resolution.  Seems like the output went away. Unit worked good until the resolution change.  Tried manual reset with reset button but no change. Power cycled both TV and Unit, nothing.  Can access the drive through network cable but can not get into console interface to attempt chanfing to a suported resolution…there is no display on my TV so everything has to go through the console or reset.   Thanks in advance for any help.  Unit was purchased on 6-4-2012.  Do not know the firmware version, same as shipped.

With the Hub and Tv on hooked up via HDMI  Press the the Reset button with a paper clip for a good number of seconds … try at least 10 seconds.

Failing that, connect your Hub to your Tv via Composite Cables (Red, White , Yellow)

Hopefully you will get a picture where you can change the resolution.

(The Hub can simultaneous output a picture from all connections… so even though mine is set to 1080p50hz via HDMI to the tv… im also outputting via Composite to a Dvd Recorder which the max resolution is 576i 50hz  … and i get a picture fine)

Connect via the COMPOSITE cable, unplug the HDMI cable; you should be able to reset the HDMI config from there.

JoeySmyth wrote:

With the Hub and Tv on hooked up via HDMI  Press the the Reset button with a paper clip for a good number of seconds … try at least 10 seconds.

Failing that, connect your Hub to your Tv via Composite Cables (Red, White , Yellow)

Hopefully you will get a picture where you can change the resolution.

(The Hub can simultaneous output a picture from all connections… so even though mine is set to 1080p50hz via HDMI to the tv… im also outputting via Composite to a Dvd Recorder which the max resolution is 576i 50hz  … and i get a picture fine)

• *Pressing the reset for 10 seconds could cause problems if the OP has to connect via a composite lead as it will have changed the player from NTSC to PAL or vice versa. Just press the button for a couple of seconds with the player fully booted up and then release, the player should reboot.

Wow Joey, I had no idea I could use both connections, and honestly would even have though of what to do with that untill you posty anyways. I have a standard def panasonic DVD recorder that has been unhooked and is sitting in the closet collecting dust. You just gave me a great idea.> Thanks for the info> -Pearl> * * *