Output HDMI & Component simultaneously?

Does anyone know if the WD Live Hub can output both HDMI and Component simultaneously?

Try it.

You can use any RCA cables even if they aren’t that great just to verify it actually will work. I’m not certain why you’d want to though.

I would like to know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it? I’m thinking of switching from a popcorn hour C200.

I currently use my PCH in two Rooms HDMI in my media room and component video & audio baulins to my master bedroom.

If the Live hub can simultaneously do HDMI and Component video. I’ll be making the switch!

Me too interested in having both HDMI and composite (but not component) output working simultaneously. I explain below why I need it.

I keep two displays connected to the media player: one is my primary FullHD TV for movie watching via HDMI interface, and the other one is just a mini car display attached to the composite output and used for menu navigation while playing plain audio, since I find senseless to keep a huge screen ON for music mode only.

So, if it doesn’t suport simultaneous output, then the question is: will it switch atomatically to a composite output if I just turn off my TV, hence bring down the HDMI interface?

Can someone try both scenarios and tell us the outcome for each? Please! :slight_smile:

Additionally, I would like to be sure the WD TV Live hub is capable of routing sound simultaneously to HDMI and stereo RCA outputs, but AFAIK it does. Just confirm.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I just verified that the hub does indeed output HDMI and composite+stereo-audio at the same time, and also HDMI and component+audio at the same time. It seems that all the rca jacks are always active in addition to HDMI.

'Twas an easy test cause I was back there dinking with some cables anyway. In addition to HDMI, I hooked up stereo audio to an additional input on the audio amp so now I can play Pandora on the hub, switch the amp to that alternate audio feed and turn off the big tube. I don’t need to power umpteen sq. in. of 1080p vid just to listen to background music.

1 Like

Well, that’s great! Thanks you, bitfiddler! So, if both HDMI and composite are always up, then I wonder why does there exist an option in menu to choose between video outputs? I’ve seen it in user’s manual. Maybe I just don’t get the point, do you have any idea?

AlexTee wrote:
Well, that’s great! Thanks you, bitfiddler! So, if both HDMI and composite are always up, then I wonder why does there exist an option in menu to choose between video outputs? I’ve seen it in user’s manual. Maybe I just don’t get the point, do you have any idea?

You are not actually choosing between video outputs, the menu is to set up the composite system  PAL / NTSC or component line / frequency or HDMI line / frequency etc. This just makes sure that the outputs are correctly outputting the correct signals.

1 Like