OS5 upgrade now web admin returns a 500

I dont think the OS5 finished its install. The name of the server is still the same and i can access all my shares and even SSH into the NAS but browsing to the web admin gives a 500 error.

Is there a manual reinstall I can do via ssh or something else I can try. I did try support and they were less than helpful.

==> nasAdmin_private.log <==
2020-11-18T15:42:55.582100+00:00 di=mC2dABV5N7 debug nasAdmin[4045]: {“corid”:“nad:HrYdkc-9NgBmhIYvcvbu”,“msgid”:“request fails”,“request”:{“status”:500,“duration”:23,“method”:“GET”,“path”:“/”,“scheme”:“http”}}

2020-11-18T15:48:01.617976+00:00 di=mC2dABV5N7 notice apache: { mi:“web”, rm:“GET”, rurl:“UNRECOGNIZED URI PATTERN”, rp:“4204”, rsrc:“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; In”, t:17578, s:500, I:517, O:507 }
2020-11-18T15:48:06.981509+00:00 di=mC2dABV5N7 notice apache: { mi:“web”, rm:“GET”, rurl:“UNRECOGNIZED URI PATTERN”, rp:“4204”, rsrc:“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; In”, t:3445, s:404, I:467, O:354 }

./CheckRequiredSystemDirectories.sh

Not find Folder /var/www/htdocs
Not find Folder /var/www/htdocs/ui
Not find Folder /var/www/rest-api
Not find Folder /var/www/rest-api/api
Not find Folder /var/www/rest-api/config
Not find Folder /usr/local/nas
Not find Folder /usr/local/orion
Not find Folder /usr/local/wdmcserver
Not find Folder /usr/local/twonkymedia-7
Not find Folder /etc/nas/notify.d
Check Failed

@RaySl please help me to get the logs and screenshot. Since you have access to the SSH, you may follow the below link and send the logs thru private message.

How to Collect My Cloud System Logs Using SSH Command Line
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7636/

I think I solved it, in /etc/php/php.ini the variable date.timezone was set to 0Pacific/Midway which was invalid. So I removed the 0 and reHUPd php-fpm(kill -HUP pidof php-fpm-master) and that allowed me to login and continue with the install. Right now its stuck on ‘Updating’ in the web admin

I’m worried that the timezone will reset when I reboot as I think those files get reset with each reboot, I’m happy to discuss things further via dm

Quick update, so I was able to get the web interface up and accept the term and update admin and user account passwords. MyCloud website now sees my account and device which is great (although 24h and still indexing). However bringing up the web interface again on my local device repeats the process of asking to agree to the terms and resetting passwords. I’d like to get to the stage where I can re-install apps like plex. Also I don’t know if a reboot will reset my php.ini and cause the whole thing to stop working again.

I should also add that restsdk-server is eating up 90-130% CPU currently, I’m assuming that is the indexing?

2155 2149 root S 1459m 143.9 1 90.7 restsdk-server -configPath /usr/local/modules/restsdk/etc/restsdk-server.toml -crashLog /var/log/restsdk-server-crash.log

Latest update. I skipped where it asks me to link up to MyCloud and I was able to install apps. After I did so, I rebooted which resulted in my php.ini getting reset which borked the date.timezone again. So I manually fixed and HUPd the php-fpm process to get the UI back. It no longer goes through the setup wizard to reset passwords and such.

So my only issue now is that php.ini gets reset to back a bad date.timezone value with every reboot. If we can find a way to fix that I think I’ll be solid again

I am having the exact same issue but I am missing a step of yours. After deleting the 0, what should I be resetting after that?

Edit 1-10-22: I was able to find the PID by running the command “ps auwx | grep php”
From there I was able to get the PID for the master process and then ran "kill -HUP [the pid from the command earlier] "
From there I was able to access the web interface again and was able to upgrade to a slightly newer version of firmware that fixed my other issues. Thanks again!