OS5 Move Files Between Shares

Can OS5 allow movement of files and folders across shares as it worked in OS3.

1 Like

Movement of files between shares can be accomplished in macOS Finder or Windows File Explorer but not through the My Cloud OS 5 Web and Mobile app.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29969

Thanks SBrown,

I know I can move files through mac or windows OS but that is much slower than doing it directly on the NAS in the way you could with OS3.

I can see on the support forum that I am not alone in thinking this is a big backward step. Will this function be reinstated in a future firmware upgrade?

I have two WD NAS, one of them cant seem to upgrade to OS5 and the OS5 version is better in many ways but this is a pain.

I will need to upgrade NAS soon for more space so its quite likely that I will look at your competitors now who offer more convenience managing very large file library.

Regards,

Richard

1 Like

OS3 had web file viewer which enabled file/folder operations without tying up your PC or over the web if remote. WD in their infinite wisdom decided to deprecate a ton of useful features and have been adding them back one at a time based on where user outcry is the highest. At the current rate, they look solid to catch up to OS3 feature set in a couple of years!