Morbi Vitae

Cras iaculis efficitur felis a tristique. Maecenas commodo consequat quam a egestas. Morbi vitae mauris nulla. Maecenas non tristique quam. In quis quam ante. Praesent semper ante eu tempus tincidunt. Quisque ultrices augue sed vulputate venenatis. Morbi sagittis dolor quis consequat vehicula.

1 Like

Please, can you elaborate on “a few basic Linux commands”?

Certainly a total disaster from my POV… post OS 5 upgrade I have zero cloud access and hour on chat with WD support has provided no solution (I really don’t think they even know the basics) …OS5 has no native Media Server and although I can add on in the apps it will not configure, the native Web File access app is gone which often was my only way to resolve files with bad permissions. Essentially I have an OS5 paperweight. Attitude form WD support is that they could not care less.

1 Like

@rufusstone What’s your support case number?
Have you provided the system logs in your support case?
If not, please collect and attach to your support case

My disaster is different from yours, but still a complete disaster. I as admin do have access but none of the people who I share with can get access. os5 is complete â– â– â– â– .

3 Likes

My issues have left me doing a short nd the longer 40 second reset. Still cant access NAS using my TV’s which was its main function. Still cant get Twonky to connect to the NAS drive.
Why was so much functionality lost from OSÂŁ to OS5?

Really wish i had never changed operating systems. I can see several hours of calls to tech support in my future.

@Muadib Have you checked the following article for your TV and Twonky issues?

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29985

yes i have read all these. the device refuses to allow twonky to connect to it. have done a full system reboot as well.
The ex4100 is basically useless to me currently.
It also will no longer let me attempt to update firmware due to lack of space (apparently)

What error message are you getting with Twonky?
Regarding the firmware update, have you provided new system logs to customer support? What’s your case number?

It just shows refused connection. I dont remember reference, as went through it with a tech support and had did small and full reset. Not had a chance to get online to sort since then.

there no point to talk with wd stuff, they ask you for logs and nothing more.
Sell it, fire it, crush it, put it on youtube and buy other one.

e:
there should be some legal help that OS5 breaks our devices, but they know that we don’t want to waste time on it, so they take the money and laugh

i repeatedly get site cant be reached 192.1xx.xx.x refused to connect. when trying to connect to twonky