OS3 Android app won't backup videos with new phone

I had a Samsung Note 8. Videos and pictures were backing up to my 3TB MyCloud device.

Just upgraded to the Samsung Note 20 Ultra. Pictures are backing up but videos are not backing up.

Not sure what else to do. I made sure it was checked in settings.

Also on a side note, I can’t manually connect to the unit from the app using the generated code. I have to use the relay which is very slow. Something about a security certificate error. I have port forwarded correct on my router.

Runing WDMyCloud v04.05.00-342 firmware which is the latest.

There are a number of posts recently where people are having trouble with the WD My Cloud mobile app, especially on Android 10. In some (possibly all) cases it’s related to the SSL security certificate being out of date/expired. If using a web browser to access MyCloud.com and one gets the security certificate warning, one can accept the certificate and continue to access their My Cloud.

Some recent discussions in the past week:

I called a U.S.-based Western Digital office in Aliso Viejo, CA (949.672.7000) and explained the issue with the SSL certificate. The guy who answered the phone said I could expect a call back in 2-3 hours from a U.S.-based support team. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon. I suggest that people with a similar issue also call their local WD office and lodge a complaint. Maybe if we make enough noise WD will believe they have a problem and fix it.

The certificate error is explained. Thank you.

Anyone have a solution for the no videos backing up? I read on here maybe the videos and pictures need to be in the same folder on the phone but I’m sure that wasn’t the case with the Note 8.