Orginizing the WD TV Live Hub

So I just picked up this product today, and did a quick dump of a few videos with a fash drive to test it out.   I must say I am very impressed, the transfers are slow but none the less I’m happy with this product.

Now to personalise it,

Right now I have it hooked up to my network and I’m doing a serious dump of files and I’m browesing the net trying to find out how to make the libary friendly, easy and good looking for users.

I have my video’s split into 3 groups, “Documentaries”, “Movies”, “TV Series”

Then in each of those folders it’s listed in alphabetical order.  

Example

“Movies”

-28 Days Later

—28dayslater.avi

-28 Weeks Later

—28weekslater.avi

-127 Hours

—127hours.avi

-An Education

—aneducation.avi

And so on

My questions are.

-Is this a good way to be doing it?

-I understand that the folder photo needs to be a .jpg, do I just put the photo in it’s folder? or dose it need to be in a different place? and have the same name as the move/and folder in order for it to work?

-Firmware, should I even bother upgrading?  I’ll I’m using this hub for is to be my video media libary.

-What lay-outs would you recomend I use.

Thanks for your imput and I’m also still reading so don’t think I’m lazy looking to be spoon fed, just looking for some help along the way.

-Jason

One more about the folder’s img

Dose the img have to be a certen size?  or dose the hub just make it work?

Thanks again.

Never mind,

I believe I have it with Mojo.

“-I understand that the folder photo needs to be a .jpg, do I just put the photo in it’s folder? or dose it need to be in a different place? and have the same name as the move/and folder in order for it to work?”

You can use these three tools for that:

1: build in for movies only (as far as I know) by pressing the ‘options’ button on the wdtv remote and choose ‘get data’ however you need to give the Movie the Name + also best is the year between () so e.g. Avatar (2008).videoformat you can use spaces and dots between words but don’t put anything else in the name so you can tag it quickly with cover data and description.

1. TVDB XML Fetcher (tv series only)

2. HubFlow

1. A) There is no wrong way to orginize things except one that is a pain in the end for you.

B) Personally I don’t make an individual folder for shows/movie that only have one volume.  I can’t really see a point in that and especially since that means an extra click to get to only one file.  More than one and I like to put it in a folder.  So personally I would have 28 Days and 28 Weeks in the same folder for simplicity, but that is just me.  Still it is all about what you want.

3. I would upgrade, but then I’ve only had to do it twice both with no problems.  Others have had problems in the past.  My suggestion is just wait a little and don’t just update the moment a new firmware update comes out.

1. I’m missing something…lay-outs?