Organizing TV Series via the Media Library

Hi all…

beeing relatively new to the WD TV life … please forgive if I ask a question which has probably been asked before, but search didn’t turn up any satisfying answer, so I dare to bug you.

Problem: I recently moved some TV series (mkv and avi files) into the box.

the files all have formats like

Title of the Series SxxExx

with Sxx beeing the Season and Exx the Episode number.

The Media Library picks up all the individual files, and displays them along with normal movies, this cluttering up the films list excessively and making browsing it a quite clumsy task.

Is there any way to group film files in such s way that the Media Library does display only one line for the whole series, and display the episodes in a submenu?

Thanks

Armin

Change your filter to By Folder via the green button.

Hi …

thank you for your suggestion, but this won’t help. I gave it a try … when I browse the movies using folder view, I lose all the meta-info. I have to open each folder, and then the info is displayed. I trade one unwanted behaviour for another.

Right now I intend to experiment with the idea to pack all episodes together into one iso file. Let’s see how the Media Library behaves.

Thx so far …

Armin.

Nimral wrote:

thank you for your suggestion, but this won’t help. I gave it a try … when I browse the movies using folder view, I lose all the meta-info. I have to open each folder, 

… that’s the problem with putting videos in their own unique folders (never understood that desire anyway, but that’s beside the point.)    You cannot have metadata for folders, only for files.

I’m sure you noticed that there are other filters, as well – “Movies” won’t show TV Shows.   Likewise, the TV Shows filter will exclude movies.

Nimral wrote:

Right now I intend to experiment with the idea to pack all episodes together into one iso file. Let’s see how the Media Library behaves.

It’ll behave exactly the same way – it’ll show metadata for the ISO because an ISO is a single file.