Optimal system specs for monitoring 27 live feed cameras using Arcus and the PR4100

Hello. Currently I am working on correcting an issue that has been ongoing since I have started my new position. We have a system that is running integrated video, an i5 processor and is only used as a “Camera PC”. We have video recording to a WD PR4100 and use Arcus to view live feeds as well as pre-recorded video. The system consistently sits at 100% CPU usage. I have contacted WD and Milestone requesting information regarding the system requires for the amount of cameras we have and they point to each other for support. Does anyone have any information on the application? System requirements, troubleshooting steps, best practices for surveillance?

So, Milestone didn’t even have any documentation for the software specs?

I have been unable to find anything other than max number of supported
cameras. When I spoke with them on the phone, they pointed me to WD since
it is an OEM product.

Thanks,

Nate

Did you make sure that the cameras you are using were on the supported camera list, and that they have the supported firmware? The list is very extensive, so they’re most likely on it, but I would also make sure they have the correct firmware. I’m looking for more info for you, also.

If not, here’s the link: https://www.milestonesys.com/community/business-partner-tools/supported-devices/milestone-arcus-supported-software/

You can also check to make sure that the recording quality does not exceed 8000 Hz sampling rate