Oplocks on mycloud

I have a windows network and am using one of the computers as a “Server” . Oplocks HAVE to be turned off on this machine in order for simultaneous access to work efficiently.  Am considering using MyCloud for data storage. Can anyone inform me if oplocks can be configured on this box, or if they are turned on/off by default.  Have got this info for the dual drives cloud but cant find anything about MyCloud. Using Xp Pro.

Oplocks are ENABLED on all shares.   – there’s no GUI option to disable them.

Although I’m confused on why you must turn them off in an all-Windows network…  Oplocks are used to significantly improve performance in a Windows-client network, not reduce it…

CloudNAS:~# testparm -v | grep -i oplock
Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
[SNIP]
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

kernel oplocks = Yes
        oplock break wait time = 0
        veto oplock files =
        fake oplocks = No
        oplocks = Yes
        level2 oplocks = Yes
        oplock contention limit = 2

tony… In my application “oplocks on” results in some data corruption issues when multiple users are reading and writing to the same file . I understand the reason for “oplocks on” in most applications but i have got an application where it has caused some problems… performance has not been a problem even with “oplocks” off.  Thanks for your help…I am new to nas boxes so trying to get “less ignorant” about  how to configure . Am still confused as to how much “operating system” functions are in the device vs a relatively “dumb” node on the network.

First programmed on a Digital Equipment  PDP 8  (8 K of memory and ran a high level “basic” like language  I/O device was an ASR 33 teletype) 

Thanks for your help