OPEN POST TO WD CEO Stephen D Milligan

Stephen,

When are you going to direct your employees to fix the myriad of bugs on the WD MyCloud product line? It is supposed to be a reliable NAS for storing critical files but is simply a paperweight for most people.

Kevin

My apologies, WDguru.  This should not have been removed.

I am sure he will appreciate you listing each WD device you are talking about and providing a list of all the problems for each too. That will make it easier for him to have all the problems fixed.

I, myself, have a WD My Cloud 4 TB and I am not having any problems with it, at this time. So far it has performed to do what I bought it for.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

It appears to be problems with Yosemite:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/os-X-yosemite-and-WD-my-cloud/m-p/829997#M25328

So put yourself in WD shoes for a moment.  Both Apple and Microsoft are not easy partners to deal with.  They can and do make changes to code.  Given the fact that the vendor reps in this forum are vastly superior in reponsiveness than any other tech vendor I work with, when he said “they are working on it” they are working on it.

cat0w wrote:

I am sure he will appreciate you listing each WD device you are talking about and providing a list of all the problems for each too. That will make it easier for him to have all the problems fixed.

I, myself, have a WD My Cloud 4 TB and I am not having any problems with it, at this time. So far it has performed to do what I bought it for.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

So you have a device from WD and it works for you, so that means no one else has any issues - ludicrous.

My drive is the "WD My Cloud device, hence the reason I posted in this forum location with the same name, which has a plethora of unresolved issues posted all across this forum so perhaps the people at WD who are supposedly looking into these issues can resolve them, since many of them date back to early 2014.

When are you going to direct your employees to fix the myriad of bugs on the WD MyCloud product line?

You think there’s a team of employees working on fixing the bugs?

Ah, bless…

I think it’s one spotty teenager who plays with Linux a bit.

Come on, Stephen, tell me I’m wrong.  Show me your bug tracking system, your engineering team structure, and your regression testing environment & regime…

Given the fact that the vendor reps in this forum are vastly superior in reponsiveness than any other tech vendor I work with, when he said “they are working on it” they are working on it.

There are vendor reps on this forum?  Really?  The very fact that WD set up this ‘community’ to ‘allow users to help each other’ is a good sign that WD have largely washed their hands of proper product support.  The rate at which queries are posted is a good indicator of the number of problems with the product.  This reply is to a post on page 9, each of which is 30 posts long, and dates back only 2 weeks.  So that’s 270+ problems in two weeks.