Open File Location

I just installed 2TB Mycloud on new PC with Windows 10, coming from Vista. Everything is connected and working fine except for one problem.

When I double-click the WDMyCloud storage device icon in Windows Explorer, it opens a web browser with the device webpage instead of opening the network file location (WDMyCloud root directory) in Windows Explorer.

If I right click the icon, “Open” is on the drop-down list and clicking that opens the root directory, but I’d like the left double-click to default to opening the root directory in Windows Explorer.

Has anyone else had this issue?

@tredmac
Is your My Cloud showing under Computer? Double click on that, if it is showing. See example image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

cat0w - It’s weird…when I first opened file explorer and clicked network, I didn’t even see a “Computer” category. So I changed the network sharing settings and the “Computer” category showed up. But now it has disappeared again. When it briefly showed up, I did notice that WD MyCloud was NOT listed in the “Computer” category.

Here’s a screenshot of what I currently see.

Try a reboot of your computer to see if that brings it back up. That works for me when I find Computer has disappeared.