Only DMP-compliant and not DMR

Hello,

I hope this also reads the staff of WD. I don’t understand why the WD-TV live Hub only is DMP-compliant and not DMR, whereas the WDTV live MediaPlayer meets the DLR-Standard and many M-DMC work good on The MediaPlayer but not on the Hub. For example the WDTV Remote App for iPhone finds the Hub as a Server but not as a Player/ Renderer, but it finds the WD-TV live MediaPlayer as a Renderer, probably because it meets the Renderer-Standard.

It would make so much sense, to control the WD TV Live Hub with an external controller, for example to play music without having to put on the TV-Screen.

Why does’nt make WD the Hub DMR-compliant? Is it planned in the future? I think, it wouldn’t be a difficult software-problem as there is already a solution at the smaller WD-TV Live Media Player.

With regards

mawag

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; best placed in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live Hub Ideas: