OK to delete factory installed files on My Passport wireless ssd?

Which of these factory files can be safely deleted?

bin
Product How to videos
System volume information
user manuals
wd aps for windows
my passport wireless ssd learning…
wd apps setup.exe

All of these files in my storage directory make it hard to organize my own files.

All the files and folders are on the MPW ssd for a reason, so think twice before deleting them, You have done this because you asked us, good.

Some have to be there where they are always on a drive for proper opeeration, I will indicate in Bold the ones to leave alone and exactly where they are.

For the others, this is what I do for a new drive. Make a folder named Original Folders and Files, and then drag the other ones not in bold into this folder. Clutter reduced, but they are still there when you need them.

bin

Product How to videos

System volume information

user manuals

wd aps for windows

my passport wireless ssd learning…

wd apps setup.exe

You should only see two above in list in bold. Leave them alone, and the others can be moved to new folder.

after a factory reset of system and drive my wd wireless pro is completely empty.
Can I download the complete package somewhere to put the HDD back to factory settings?

I think you over did it. You were only supposed to restore System Only. If that is all you did it should be fine, but if you wiped everything, then you need to contact WD Support.

can someone please share the original files i’ve done a full format of the drive thinking they were hard coded in the chips, seems i was wrong now i have a blank drive…
or is there a download for the original files some where i’m not seeing…
thank you in advance

Its ok to delete all the default files you get on the drive once you set it up for the first time.

• most of them are the Software and the user manual and other documentations.
  • you can follow the link below to to download them.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/1378

• and dont worry about the Bin and the System Volume Information folder: they are the OS files which will be regenerated once you start using the drive.