Office Network

I have my drive hooked upto my office network and everbody can get to my personal folder. Is there a way to set it up to where you have to login to my folder?

Set your folder to PRIVATE.

I’m using w7 and I don’t see any place to make it private like you could in XP

Go to Shares and turn off Public Access for that folder?

Its in the My Clouds dashboard, under the “Shares” tab.  Make sure you set the permssions for it too.

jdecker wrote:

I’m using w7 and I don’t see any place to make it private like you could in XP

You do it on the NAS.   Not the PC.

I’ve done that, but when I try and look at it when I’m on the company network it won’t let me access it. I’ve got it mapped as a network drive.

Where did you set your WD My Cloud up at, home or in the office? Can you get to the dashboard? This is where you will have to make changes.

Uncertain as to what to do, click on the Help (?) icon.

I set it up at the office and can get to Dashboard. And made changes, but I would like to still get into it when I’m in the office like a mapped drive, but the only way I can do that is by making it public.

You may want to look at and try this. Click on Start and then Network. Click on WDMyCloud and select Public Share then right click on Public Share and select Properties>Security. See image below. Check it out and see if you think this will do what you want it to.