Occasional jump video

my wd book has just started jumping from time to time and pausing for a split second , my audio play back with flac is fine , this is networked not DNLA. help needed

Wireless?

YES set to static though  

What kind of files and sizes are you using.  I’m assuming you’re using shares, correct?  Also, how far away are you from the router?

thing is its been good for a couple of months, im 10ft away , 3gig xvid file this time around

Is this on just one file?  Also, I would try the file(s) on a usb attached drive to see if they jump then as well.  Is there something different about the files?  Different codecs?  Different settings on your encodings? 

its been on a couple of different files of late . will do as suggested tomorrow , will post to let you know , thanks for the time.

steakers wrote:

thing is its been good for a couple of months, im 10ft away , 3gig xvid file this time around

If you’re 10 feet away, try using the wired ethernet and see if the problem remains.

seems to have sorted its self for now ive configured the router ports for MBL and set it to static not DHP? not sure if i  fixed it or its luck  fingers crossed .