NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

Apparently the issue has been on going since Friday. They we’re suppose to have it fixed last night but apparently they either didn’t or the surge in usage from all the device caused it to go back down again. Have to say from a business perspective this has caused a lot of issues. I transitioned from site like drop box and Gdrive to mycloud because it was suppose to be an all in one. But with this issue I have had to go and make a drop box account so my employees can access certain files on the go. While it is indeed a major headache for WD I just hope they know that for the real pro consumer user who relied on the ex4 for a true cloud powerhouse it is twice the headache and a pure example of the product not being ready for consumer usage.

1 Like

We know what the issue is and are in the middle of fixing it.  However, you may continue to experience intermittent connection issues until the fix is fully implemented.

Supposedly it is back up. I have a connected status on my dashboard. However, when I access it on my mobile device outside of the network it just spins. Slow as Bill mentioned. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

ANNNNDDDDD were down! 

This is ridiculous WD should be ashamed of themselves. Its been almost three days without access to the EX4. 

If I was not past my 30day return window I would be shipping this back overnight for my money because its so unreliable. 

Just how long is this fault to last? This is an untenable position for a company having purportedly knowledgeable technicians.

We are aware that our My Cloud and My Book Live users are currently experiencing issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We are working very hard to resolve these issues and will resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Any news on if service will be ready for the start of business on Monday??? You have a lot of unhappy faithful customers who are very disappointed in WD. I relied on this service for my day to day business but see that I was mistaken to do so. Just like several others in the alternative to wd mycloud post I just ordered a replacement and will be leave wd for a more reliable product.

Things seem to be back online. I was able to access the server remotely and it seemed a tad snappier pulling up the share folders. I dont know if its related to the issue or not but copying files seems somewhat slow. I moved to files that were both in the 28-32 GB range and it seemed REALLY slow compared to before the crash. While I dont mind since I had titanfall to play I just was wondering if anyone else is seeming really slow read/write speeds compared to before. 

Not online for me. The longer this goes on with no further news the more that I think this could be a hacking problem.

I would not be surprised if we all have to obtain another code. The mere fact that we are not apprised of progress is also an insult to those, all of us, who have paid good money for an object that does not work, (let alone my original grouse about no simultaneous Active Directory and Global Access).

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

The same problem from my N900 Central 1TB (I write and live in Italy). The servers are down. It’s impossible to access from my devices (Ipad Air IOS 7.1 and smartphone Android 4.1.2 ) or to create a new access for a new device from my N900.

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience.

Any more status update?

Hi,

I bought a new My Book Live 2Tb and I can’t set up remote access because of the errors 31655 and 31652.

Are both of them related to your issue?

I have a new product and I can’t use it, that’s frustrating…

Please let me know.

Thank you, regards,

Eliseo.

Hello, same here no remote acces to files from last wednesday. Cloud acces in general setting shows ,failed, but network profile in network settings show status ,internet access,.  Today it was working till now. I had one file open and now its gone. Two week old device and lots of bugs… When will be ready some repair firmware or it is bug on WD servers?

We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

For the latest update on service issues for My Cloud and My Book Live, please visit http://www.wdc.com/en/MyCloudUpdate/

Now can we move on to fixing the rest of the problems the Mycloud line up has!

New firmware is out and this issue is fixed. Closing thread.