NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

Thanks Bill

Bill_S wrote:

I will let you know when it has been fixed.  However, it should just start working.  You shouldn’t have to do anything.

Thanks Bill, we are patiently waiting until …

Completely agree with dweber69…

Why in the world do we have to continue relying on Western Digitals web server in order to tunnel / translate get to a NAS at our own home that runs yet its own web services.  This is the second major outage from them in a month and you would think a “MyCloud” solution would not rely on “YourCloud”

I stopped buying WD harddrives years ago for my business because they would always crash way before any competition (Seagate, Maxtor) and sounds like I am yet another beta customer to another WD product.

Ok, so now that your moderators have directed all of us to this one thread to post about this issue, how about you guys post an actual update for us on your progress and estimated time to have the issue resolved. “Soon” no longer cuts it after more than two full business days with nothing but an expensive paperweight sitting where my MyCloud drive used to be.

Mine shows a connected status.  Anyone else? 

Yes mine shows a connected status too but I still don’t have remote access.

I have the same problem. I thought it was my browser but now I saw that is WD’s problem. Before my purchase I was so excited about this device… but now…

Any ETA on a solution? Helpdesk already answered 7 hours ago with “Unfortunately we have currently outage of the servers that actually manage the remote access service. According to the latest information I received, it should be up and running today.”

The UI is still showing  " Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet."

And the website  http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=product&device=mc is also down for many hours now.

Helpdesk didn’t respond since this afternoon CET and I am not even sure whether my settings are still correct after trying to fix it on my side for the last 2 days… 

COME ON WD, GIVE US SOMETHING!

Well, it was working for about 20 to 30 seconds, and now back to the same Access Disabled **bleep**. Nice fix, WD.

Spoke to tech support via phone today.  One tech support rep said this problem is due to maintenance on their servers and might be down another few days. Another said the maintenance was completed today and the only reason their servers are involved is to initially establish access then their servers don’t have any impact when you simply try to access your data remotely.  Another thinks my device is faulty and needs to be RMA’d LOL.  When I bought my EX4 I didn’t knowingly purchase something that required their servers to keep it running. Why they built an app that requires their internal servers is beyond me.

I got so frustrated that I reinstalled the MyCloud App and rebooted my phone hoping for a miracle.  Since the device reset killed the connected devices I had, when I generated an access code to re-connect my device this is what I get now…

Obviously I have a data connection LOL.  This is just one problem after another.  Also, one tech support rep stated that the Device Not Accessible was due to me initially connecting the device via my WiFi then trying to connect outside my LAN. The product manual tells you to do that as the first of three ways to connect to the device.  Neither the MyCloud.com or adding via access code work right now and both return the same No Network message in the screenshots.  What a friggin headache this is just to stream some music while I’m driving and access my private data occasionally for work.

Why can’t I just use my EX4 like in this video advertisement from the WD site…

http://www.wdc.com/global/products/video/?language=en&typeid=1&id=3032478709001

I love WD but this is BS.  That video would make a great source for a parody video of a storm cloud over everyone that gets the Device Not Accessible message LOL. 

A reminder to folks: this issue does NOT affect units that use port forwarding… It’s only affecting Relay users.

Like I said, the connections may be intermittent (on again, off again) until we completely fixed it.  I’ll let you know once we have the connection fixed.

[edit]

Thanks, Tony.

1 Like

It does affect port forwarding because mine isn’t working at the mo. I think I was able to connect earlier on the day when I was in a coffee shop on their wifi. However as soon as I roamed using 3G and 4G cellular signal it wasn’t working.

My unit is a my book live by the way

TonyPh12345 wrote:
A reminder to folks: this issue does NOT affect units that use port forwarding… It’s only affecting Relay users.

From what I am seeing this might not be correct. It appears the cloud is trying to register with WD2GO and then determine if a direct connection is possible, through port forwarding, of if a relay connection is needed. My drive is stuck on “retrieving information” which seems to indicate it can’t connect to WD2GO.

As others have stated too I was originally under the impression this was “My Cloud” and I would not be dependant on someone else’s service but my own internet connection. I guess I should have done my homework and figured out that was not the case, in which case I would not  have purchased this device. Since I just got it I will probably return it as it is not working any better than my 6 year old Buffalo LinkStation that is humming along without any issues but lacks remote access…

Frustrating

Yes, port forwarding has the same issue.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

• *> * * *
      Scottyboy99 wrote:> It does affect port forwarding because mine isn’t working at the mo. I think I was able to connect earlier on the day when I was in a coffee shop on their wifi. However as soon as I roamed using 3G and 4G cellular signal it wasn’t working.

Mines using port forwarding not relay mode and I’m having same issue.  Who cares why it’s not working, that shouldn’t be our problem.  Just put in the overtime and fix it tonight.  That’s what I would do for my own customers.

That’s weird… All four of my NASes (1 EX4, 1 Cloud, 1 MBL and 1 Duo) have been working the whole time. I wonder if it’s a regional issue.

Scotty: your NAS connectivity doesn’t change based on where you are… Whether your client is WiFi or cellular, your NAS doesn’t know.

I understand that servers fail and companies have these issues from time to time. The biggest problem I have with WD is the lack of information given to everyone that accesses My Cloud. If WD would have placed a notice on the login screen regarding the problem then they would have saved everyone A LOT of time. I was troubleshooting and calling my ISP blaming them for the first two days. I’m sure it would have helped the techs at WD to work on issues they could fix instead of fielding these calls. Not professional at all.

1 Like

I have to agree with everyone on here. I have 2 Mycloud devices the regular 4TB white one and a 16TB EX4, and they have been useless the last few days. My company relies on these servers to pass files from various individuals who need to sign, edit or review them before the next person. My ENTIRE staff sat around today waiting for me to bring them a flash drive, and upload files to drop box so users remotely could assess the files. This is beyond BS that a company has this sort of issues for such a long period of time. What kills me is that it works for 30 mins then its broken and no one knows why 

1 Like