NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

Since probably Monday I can not access my My Cloud from outside any more. I already spend hours to find out what might happened. Is this fanally the reason and when will it be solved ?

Good luck. 1 week on and everyone is still waiting for an answer.

OK, so I have a partial answer. I very much appreciated the call, so thank you WD.

SOME people are apparently back up and running, but some aren’t (yep, could have said that). It is likely to be at least a few more days, but they are working 24/7 on it. It sounds as though “service” whatever that means, is being restored piece by piece so some may get it back before others.

It has been agreed that I will stick with them until Friday, but if I do not have service back before Friday then they will refund me.

Edit: I should clarify, that I have the receipt and only bought it in October, and am from the UK.

1 Like

Well at least that is something.  You know what they say - “There is good news and bad news, but worst of all is no news at all”.

Edit: Removing post. My reply was to someone who has obviously just been banned again so would not make sense out of context (and it appears I can’t delete the post).

It’s now been a week since I first realised that the remote access did not work, like may who have posted here, the main reason for purchasing the WD MyCloud.

Having just checked the Dashboard it shows that everything is connected, so why can I not connect by Android or wd2go.com?

I am in the UK and fast losing patience!!!

Brian777 wrote:

It’s now been a week since I first realised that the remote access did not work, like may who have posted here, the main reason for purchasing the WD MyCloud.

Having just checked the Dashboard it shows that everything is connected, so why can I not connect by Android or wd2go.com?

I am in the UK and fast losing patience!!!

Have you tried to connect in same(wifi) network at home or to open wd2go.com at home? I think this should work. It looks like that the service(wd2go.com) is still not reachable with certain internet providers. E.g. on my mobile I can open wd2go.com and at home not in my wifi network and mywdmycloud also shows connection error at home.

Mine is now working. So far. I have remote access from WD MyCloud (desktop version), from the iOS app, BUT not using the browser access. Location France.

Stange is that I had unticked the remote access box. Now I have a message that a reboot of the NAS occurred on April 21st 2014 (!) and the remote access box is ticked and it states that it’s online. I guess they’ve used the automatic updating feature, which was ticked.

I don’t quite like this. I just realised that all my data may be replicated somewhere in order to be sync’ed, while I thought they were kept safe in MY cloud. Not exactly what I bought it for. And nobody tells you, or did I miss it… ?

1 Like

That’s the real issue. Our data privacy.

Is it a real personal cloud or a WD SERVER FARM CLOUD?

At this point which are the differences between a service like dropbox and Mycloud?

Maybe the difference is that nobody told me about this data transfer on wd server!!!

RoQui wrote:

Mine is now working. So far. I have remote access from WD MyCloud (desktop version), from the iOS app, BUT not using the browser access. Location France.

In Germany, remote access still is not available (at least my remote access is not working yet).

I tried to connect with my mobile apps and I get the error message “remote access disabled”. Using wd2go.com I can at least login with my login-data, but my My Cloud system is shown as offline (dashboard is saying that I have a relay connection). Are there any other people from Germany who can give a short feedback, if their remote access is working now? 

alibabau wrote:

That’s the real issue. Our data privacy.

Is it a real personal cloud or a WD SERVER FARM CLOUD?

At this point which are the differences between a service like dropbox and Mycloud?

Maybe the difference is that nobody told me about this data transfer on wd server!!!

Yeah not cool.  I bought my EX4 so I could have my own personal cloud that only I have access to via home LAN or remotely.  My connection status keeps switching from “Port forwarding connection” to “Device cannot find internet access” to “Relay connection established”.  Nobody should be able to change my connection type but me and the “Device cannot find internet access” message is totally misleading as it has nothing to do with having access to the internet as my connection here is up and running great as usual.  Somehow my connection keeps changing by itself and I don’t like the idea of my personal data being relayed through 3rd parties such as WD.  Occasionally I don’t get the “Device Not Accessible” message but that only lets me see my shares and not really access my data files/folders.  Attempting to stream audio or browse my files just times out and it says “File Not Found, The file you are looking for is no longer accessible”.

Prototyp_Gottes wrote:

dashboard is saying that I have a relay connection

My dashboard showed a port forwarding connection, which it should I guess, before I cut the connection myself.

As I don’t know who undressed me last night, I just closed doors (on router). I’ll do my own secure access, at least I’ll stay in control of my data (and keep my underwear). Hopefully…

Dare i say it, but it is actually working!!!

In the US (Maryland) and still not up yet. And the last firmware update cleared all my access codes.  So now i gotta issue out X^25 amount of codes to ppl smh.

Yep, working for me too (UK).

I too seem to be fully working again. I live in the UK and am currently sitting on a train travelling from London and I have full access to my device via the ipad app. Fingers crossed!!!

hopfully il be able to connect soon, still no connection to wd2go and still no remote access where abouts in the uk are you @bluenoze22??

@ Prototype of god:

No improvement here (iOS T-mobile), Stuttgart

Whey hay i finally have port forwarding conntion and can connect to th wd2go website, i hope this is the perminant fix :smiley:

No connection in Canada :flushed: