I bought a 1.5TB MyBook World Edition (Model WD15000H1NC-00) today, and have had nothing but problems trying to install it.
- Hooked it up to my NetGear wireless router (which is on the most current firmware version).
- Attempted to install software from the CD (ver. 1.1), but the menu buttons were all blank. I finally found the pictures in the user manual, so I could proceed.
- Ran WD Discovery, and the drive was not recognized.
- Connected both the drive and the PC (running Vista) to the router by cables. Drive was recognized, but then the computer locked up.
- Tried to access user manual on CD. Computer locked up.
- Downloaded manual, but it provides no troubleshooting assistance.
- Thought I’d connect the drive directly to the PC, so I tried to install driver manually, as per page 176 of manual. Got a message saying “The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation.”.
Needless to say, I’m incredibly frustrated. I bought a WD drive because I’ve always had good experiences with their products, but so far, this was a waste of $180.
Can ANYONE please shed some light on this???