NOT SUPPORTED June 2023 Local drive mounting via WD Discovery for My Cloud Home desktop ends **with Tailscale Fix DIY

There is now a suggestion thread on running Tailscale natively in the My Cloud Home over in the ‘ideas’ subforum. Please go over to that thread and voice your support if you think this is a useful feature.

However, you don’t have to wait for Western Digital, you can run a subnet router right now with only a few steps and you will be able to access your My Cloud Home remotely with third party software without the use of MCH specific software or WD relay servers **

Thanks to Posted by rednessw4rrior for the following:

Here is the how-to-configure TailScale Subnet Router for Windows Machine

The Windows installer places a tailscale.exe command in %PATH%. You set Windows up as a subnet router using a cmd.exe shell with the same command as Linux:

tailscale up --advertise-routes=…

So, if the home router IP Range is 192.168.1.1,

you’d likely want to use the following on CMD:

tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24

OPTIONALif you have another set of subnet, remember to add rightaway after the first one, otherwise you will have to reset everything and do it again but with all the subnet you want to add.

example of multiple subnets cmd : tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24,10.8.0.0/24

then, go to Tailscale

click Edit Route Setting on that Windows Machine.Turn on the Subnet Route , all done!

that’s it! :slightly_smiling_face:

** Tailscale Subnet routing performs best with a Linux machine (physical or virtual router running Linux such as OpenWRT for example), but performance is acceptable with recent Tailscale development since version 1.26 and higher on Windows.

macOS client subnet routing

Download Go Installer for macOS.

Run:

$ go install tailscale.com/cmd/tailscale{,d}@main

$ sudo $HOME/go/bin/tailscaled

$ sudo $HOME/go/bin/tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.x.x/24`

see
https://github.com/tailscale/tailscale/wiki/Tailscaled-on-macOS
https://forum.tailscale.com/t/macos-client-and-subnet-routing/2337